As 4/5 Australian dogs will have gum or dental disease by age 3… we recommend giving our dental sticks each and every day.
The perfect daily chew for your dog. They contain active ingredients (Sodium Tripolyphosphate and Zinc Sulphate) that support oral care. It capture the calcium in the dog's mouth and help to prevent and reduce up to 80% of plaque and tartar when given daily.
What else makes Bell & Bone Dental Sticks so unique?
1. No nasties, with only healthy ingredients like Kangaroo for a lean, high source of protein, mint for fresh breath and turmeric can help promote healthier gums.
2. Grain free, sugar free and full of incredible natural ingredients including kangaroo, coconut, mint, turmeric, parsley, chia and sweet potato
3. Unique 3-pronged shape will encourage dogs to get their teeth deep in the stick promoting chewing which will activate the ingredients that help prevent and remove plaque and tartar build up
Australian made and owned
- Kangaroo: is the first ingredient - it is important that a lean, healthy protein is top of the list
- Mint: for freshness - clean teeth means naturally fresher breath, with mint for a little extra
- Turmeric: can help promote healthier gums.
Kangaroo (26%), Tapioca, Sweet Potato, Vegetable Binder, Coconut, Mint (4%), Guar Gum, Turmeric (1.25%), Chia, Parsley, Vegetable Protein, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Mineral Salt, Acacia Tree (gum), Antioxidant, Vegetable Oil, Zinc Sulphate.
Analysis (Per 100g)
Metabolisable Energy (ME) 276.75 kcal
Crude Protein 13.8%
Crude Fibre 0.08%
Crude Fat 1.8%
They should be fed daily for optimal results, with their unique shape they are great for getting teeth stuck into
Small: under 10kg, Medium: 10-25kg, Large: +25kg
What is plaque and tartar?
Plaque is a soft, sticky film that builds up on your teeth and contains millions of bacteria. Plaque develops when foods containing carbohydrates (sugars and starches) are frequently left on the teeth.
Tartar is a yellow or brown coloured deposit that forms when plaque hardens on your teeth. Because tartar build-up on teeth is strongly bonded to the tooth enamel, it can only be removed by a dental professional.
What is the risk of plaque & tartar build up for dogs?
Dental care is so important because if unattended, it can turn into health complications in other parts of the body beyond teeth and gums. Most commonly, it turns into gingivitis with symptoms such as bad breath, swollen gums and yellow teeth. If you notice any of these symptoms, we recommend seeing a vet before the disease or infection goes into the blood stream.
How do our active ingredients help reduce and prevent plaque and tartar?
Bell & Bone Dental Sticks contain 2 active ingredients that work together to assist in reducing and preventing the build-up of plaque and tartar in the dogs’ mouth. Both ingredients are perfectly safe for dogs (and humans!).
Sodium Tripolyphosphate is able to bind directly to the enamel, interacting with calcium in the dogs’ mouth to prevent it being able to form crystals (or plaque). It also helps prevent stains on teeth and can be easily digested when ingested.
Zinc Sulphate inhibits the growth of bacteria by binding to the teeth to control plaque formation. In doing this, it will assist in reducing the odour of bad breath. This works together with for the greatest impact on the teeth and gums.